What to expect from Therapy
- Jessica offers a place to talk through emotions.
- Jessica helps people to find the words for their feelings and to understand what they feel. This process is healing and change producing.
- Jessica’s work focuses less on behaviour and more on the mind.
Why does Therapy work?
- Jessica’s approach is Psychodynamic Psychotherapy. This is an insight-oriented therapy.
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy can provide lasting relief from emotional pain. It aims to deal with the root cause of symptoms rather than providing strategies to manage them.
- Together, you and Jessica can bring into awareness unconscious conflicts of the mind. When our unconscious is brought into our present experience it can be understood, processed and resolved. This reduces symptoms such as anxiety and depression.
Am I eligible for a rebate?
Jessica is a registered Medicare provider. If a GP, Paediatrician or Psychiatrist provides you with a Mental Health Treatment Plan you are eligible for up to 20 rebates of $129.55 per calendar year (read more). Private health insurance rebates are also available. Please talk to your insurance provider to find out what type of rebate you are eligible for. If you would like to discuss fees and rebates please contact Jessica.
How many sessions will I need?