What to expect from Therapy
- Jessica offers a place to talk through emotions.
- Jessica helps people to find the words for their feelings and to understand what they feel. This process is healing and change producing.
- Jessica’s work focuses less on behaviour and more on the mind.
Why does Therapy work?
- Jessica’s approach is Psychodynamic Psychotherapy. This is an insight-oriented therapy.
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy can provide lasting relief from emotional pain. It aims to deal with the root cause of symptoms rather than providing strategies to manage them.
- Together, you and Jessica can bring into awareness unconscious conflicts of the mind. When our unconscious is brought into our present experience it can be understood, processed and resolved. This reduces symptoms such as anxiety and depression.
Therapy or one-on-one counselling provides people with the comfort and support needed to make lasting change. Therapy can help you to generate new understandings about yourself and your behaviours, create lasting change in your relationships, understand and monitor your thinking patterns, build and develop new skills, and make meaningful transformations in your life.If you would like to know more about therapy contact Jessica.
What types of issues can be improved with therapy?
Jessica works with a range of clinical and non-clinical issues that people present with. Common issues include Depression, Anxiety, Worry, Stress, Relationships, Parenting, Anger, Grief and Loss, Phobias, Mood Swings, Self-Esteem, Communication, Trauma and Conflict. If you would like to know more please contact Jessica.
How many sessions will I need?
The number of sessions required will depend on the type and severity of your concerning issues, and on the goals you have in mind. In your first sessions Jessica will gather a thorough history and negotiate a plan that you feel comfortable with, and that you both think will help you to feel supported to address your needs. Jessica will continue to review and monitor your progress with you. On average people attend at least 10 sessions to create meaningful change. If you would like to know more about therapy please contact Jessica.
Am I eligible for a rebate?
Jessica is a registered Medicare provider. If a GP, Paediatrician or Psychiatrist provides you with a Mental Health Treatment Plan you are eligible for up to 20 rebates of $129.55 per calendar year (read more). Private health insurance rebates are also available. Please talk to your insurance provider to find out what type of rebate you are eligible for. If you would like to know more about fees and rebates please contact Jessica.